America Is Babylon The Great Whore
Mystery Babylon is also deeply symbolic… it’s a “mystery” because the prophets, at that time had visions but didn’t know of the existence of the North American Continent.
They literally had no idea what they were actually seeing and described it as best they could.
In ancient times, Babylon was the greatest city in the world just like the US is the greatest country in the world today. Ancient Babylon was constructed by people that came from all parts of the ancient world. What we may call today immigrants… just like the United States.
It is very interesting that the great symbol that is situated in the harbor of New York City, the Statue of Liberty, is a woman carrying a torch.
New York City itself represents the city of “modern Babylon the great.”
New York is the financial hub and capital of the world. It is the center of American and multi-national finance, marketing, and the location of the headquarters of the United Nations.
The Bible refers to a dominant city in the last days that is a major center of commerce that will be destroyed in one hour. Mystery Babylon The Great Whore.
America The Babylon
By Sherry Shriner
The churches will tell you it is referring to the Vatican in Rome. They are wrong.
To hold the view that this Babylon is referring to the Vatican, you basically ignore 98% of the Scriptures referring to it and hold to one verse that can be easily discredited because a misunderstanding of one term in one verse that can easily be clarified.
That is how warped the whole Vatican theory is that most churches and prophecy ‘gurus’ preach today when it comes to Revelation chapters 17 and 18. Why? Why do they want the focus on somewhere else instead of where the Bible is really speaking of?
Consider this: The former prophets all warned of this coming Great Babylon. Let’s look at what each one said about it:
1. Babylon would be noted for its architecture, buildings and skyline (Isaiah 13:22)
2. Is the lone super power of the world (Isaiah 47:5,8)
3. Is the most respected and envied around the world and yet at the same time is hated by the world. (Isaiah 18:2)
4. Has a unique and remarkable beginning, different from other nations and has been awe-inspiring from it’s conception. (Isaiah 18:2).
5. Babylon would the QUEEN AMONG THE NATIONS (Isa 47:5,7)
6. Babylon would be an END TIME GREAT NATION (Rev 17,18; Isa 13:6)
7. Babylon is called a lady, and has the symbol of the Lady (Isa 47:7-9). “LIBERTY” on our money, and sits in the New York Harbor.
8. Babylon is nation “peeled”, or timbered, a land of open fields (Isa 18:2).
9. Babylon is land quartered by mighty rivers (Isa 18:2).
10. Babylon is a land that is measured out, and populated throughout (Isa 18:2).
11. Babylon destroys her own land, with pollution and waste (Isa 14:20, 18:2, 7).
12. Babylon is the leading INDUSTRIAL NATION OF THE WORLD
13. Babylon has a huge aviation program (Isa 14:13-14;
14. Babylon is a REPUBLIC or a DEMOCRACY, it is ruled by many counsels (Isa 47:13).
15. Babylon’s governmental system breaks down (Isa 47:13).
16. Babylon is bogged down with deliberations and cannot govern properly (Isa 47:13).
17. Babylon’s leaders use astrology, seers and mystics for guidance (Isa 47:13; Rev 18:2).
18. Babylon labored in the occult from her very inception (Isa 47:12).
19. Babylon is a nation of religious confusion (Isa 47:12-13).
20. THE KING OF BABYLON is called LUCIFER, the ANTICHRIST (Isa 14:4-6).
21. The King of Babylon will rule from THE GREAT CITY BABYLON (Isa 14:4-6; Rev 17: 18).
22. A world government entity will rise up to rule the world from BABYLON THE CITY
23. This entity will rise up and use the military power of Babylon the nation to RULE THE WORLD (Isa 14:4-6;
24.Babylon is a nation of higher education and learning (Isa47:10, implied throughout).
25. Babylon is a VIRGIN NATION, her lands untouched by major war (Isa 47:1).9. Babylon’s enemy will lie on the opposite side of the world,over the poles (Isa 13:5)
26. The enemy of Babylon will be noted for her cruelty (Isa 13,14, Jer 50, 51, Rev 17, 18).
27. The people of Babylon would think they are God’s elect and eternal (Isa 47:7-8,
28. The nation Babylon dwells carelessly before the Lord (Isa 47:8).
29. Babylon becomes proud, haughty, and does not consider her end (Isa 47:7-8).
30. Babylon deals in the occult, in sorceries and drugs (Isa 47:9, 12; Rev 18:23)
31. The people of Babylon are deep into astrology and spiritism (Isa 47:12; Rev 18:2).
32. Babylon’s enemy will lie on the opposite side of the world,over the poles (Isa 13:5)
1. Babylon would be the center of a one world Luciferian religious movement (Jer 51:44)
2. Babylon would be the youngest and greatest of the end time nations (Jer 50:12). USA
3. Babylon would be the most powerful nation in the world (Isa 47, Jer 50, 51, Rev 18). USA
4. Babylon would be the HAMMER OF THE WHOLE EARTH (Jer 50:23; Rev 18:23). USA
5. Babylon would be the praise of the WHOLE EARTH (Jer 51:41). USA
6. Babylon is a land rich in mineral wealth (Jer 51:13).
7. Babylon is a the leading agricultural nation of the world (Jer 50, 51; Rev 18).
8. Babylon is the leading exporting nation in the world (Jer 51:13; Rev 18).
9. Babylon is the leading importing nation of the entire world.(Jer 50, 51; Rev 18).
10. Babylon is a nation filled with warehouses and granaries (Jer 50:26).
11. Babylon is the leading INDUSTRIAL NATION OF THE WORLD (Isa 13, 47, Jer 50, 51; Rev 18).
12. Babylon is noted for her horses (Jer 50:37). Think Kentucky
13. Babylon is noted for her cattle, sheep and other livestock (Jer 50:26, 27; Rev 18:13).
14. Babylon is noted for her fine flour and mill operations (Rev 18:13)
15. Babylon is a nation of farmers and harvests huge crops (Jer 50:16, 26, 27).28. Babylon has a huge aviation program (Isa 14:13-14; Jer 51:53; Hab 1:6-10).
16. Babylon’s skies are filled with the whisper of aircraft wings (Isa 18:1; Jer 51:53).
17. Babylon has a huge space industry, has “mounted up to the heavens” (Jer 51:53).
18. Babylon fortifies her skies with a huge military aviation program (Jer 51:53).
19. Babylon is portrayed as a leading in high tech weapons and abilities (Jer 51:53; Hab 1:6-10; implied throughout).
20. Babylon is a coastal nation and sits upon MANY WATERS (Jer 51:13).
21. Babylon is nation filled with a “mingled” people (Jer 50:37).
22. Babylon is a SINGULAR NATION founded upon OUT OF MANY, ONE (Isa 13, 47, Jer 50, 51, Hab 1).
23. Babylon was born as a CHRISTIAN NATION (Jer 50:12).
24. Babylon turns upon its heritage and destroys it all in the end (Jer 50:11).
25. Babylon’s Christian leaders lead their flock astray in prophecy and salvation (Jer 50:6; implied Rev 18:2).
26. Babylon’s Christian leaders are “strangers” in the Lord Houses of Worship (Jer 51:51).
27. Babylon sets of detention centers for Jews and Christians and rounds them up for extermination (Jer 50:7, 33; 51:35, 49; Rev 17:6; 18:24).
28. Babylon has a mother nation that remains in existence from her birth to death (Jer 50: 12). (ENGLAND)
29. The mother of Babylon has the symbol of the LION (Dan7:4; Eze 38:13; Jer 51:38; Psalms 17:12).
30. The mother of Babylon will rule over her daughter her entire life (Dan 7:4; Jer 50:12). Follow the money, we are under total control of England’s Banks, and have been since 1914
31. The mother of Babylon will be a state of major decline as the end nears (Jer 50:12).
32. Babylon is considered to be a lion’s whelp (Eze 38:13; Jer 51:38).58.
33. Babylon will have the symbol of the EAGLE and builds her nest in the stars (Dan 7:4 EAGLE WINGS; Isa 14:13-14; Jer 51:53). Who else has a space program as we do?
34. Babylon is a huge producer and exporter of automobiles (Jer 50:37; Rev 18:13).
35. Babylon is a nation of CRAFTSMEN, experts in their trade (Jer 50, 51, Rev 18:22).
36. Babylon is a nation with a GREAT VOICE in world affairs (Jer 51:55)
37 .Babylon will be instrumental in the setting up of Israel in the Middle East, and is the home of God’s people (Jer 50:47;51:45).
38. Babylon will have a major enemy to her north (Jer 50:3, 9, 41).
39. The enemy of Babylon will also have a huge aviation military machine (Jer 50:9, 14, Rev 18:8, 18 implied throughout).
40. Babylon will have all of her borders cut off, and there will be no way of escape (Jer 50:28; 51:32).
41. Babylon is land vast land with huge cities, towns and villages throughout (Implied throughout).
42. Babylon will have been a huge missionary nation for Jesus Christ (Jer 50:11; 51:7).
43. Babylon would be a home to multitudes of Jews who leave (Jer 50:4-6, 8; 51:6, 45)
44. The people of Babylon would not know their true identity(Jer 50:6, implied throughout).
45. The people of Babylon would grow mad upon their idols (Jer 50:2, 38; Hab 2:18).
46. How is the hammer of the whole earth cut asunder and broken! how is Babylon become a desolation among the nations! -Jeremiah 50:23
47. O thou that dwellest upon many waters, abundant in treasures, thine end is come, and the measure of thy covetousness. The LORD of hosts hath sworn by himself, saying, Surely I will fill thee with men, as with caterpillars; and they shall lift up a shout against thee. -Jeremiah 51:12-14
48. Plays a leadership role in Outer Space Exploration (Jer. 51:3)
49. Is where the world’s leaders meet and assemble (Jer. 51:44)
50. Incorporated many aspects of the old Babylonian religion (Jer. 50:2).
Read more here: http://www.sherryshriner.com/sherry/america-babylon.htm